Job Offer: Child & Family Therapist:Vanier Children's Mental Wellness
Child & Family Therapistby Vanier Children's Mental Wellness
Reference #: VCS #70-2
Employment type: Full-time
Job location: London, ON
Date Published: Sep 20, 2021
practice: 1 Year
suitable education Masters or PhD
Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
The function provides assessment and treatment for children and their families utilizing family, individual and group treatment approaches working with a wide variety of treatment modalities within the multi-disciplinary context. Maintains direct service contact hours with clients of at least 40%. Provides single session therapy in Talk in Clinics in both London and Middlesex.
1. M.S.W. / M.A.
2. practice within at least one model/area of specialization in child or family therapy
3. Previous clinical practice working with children and families
4. 6 months orientation time on the job is required to lgain Vanier policies and procedures
5. Training in a variety of treatment modalities including a supervised practicum in one of the areas of child
development or family development and functioning
6. The candidate must be a member of a regulated college and in good standing
1. Integrates third party reports and case histories from outside agencies into assessments and treatment.
2. Verbal communication expertise necessary to convey information, participate in or lead group discussions, influence
team members in group decision making and conduct community workshops.
3. capability to complete comprehensive assessments which include clinical formulations and treatment recommendations.
4. Authors accurate and concise reports, forms, and treatment goals.
5. Demonstrates an anti-oppressive practice framework in their work with families.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and clinical expertise in attachment-located interventions.
7. Abilities to work in partnership with families, collaterals, and co-workers.
8. Clinical judgment in assessing situations of client risk is required for example, risk of suicide, risk of child
9. Good knowledge of trauma attachment and its impact on children and families.
Apply in Writing with Curriculum Vitae to:
Vanier is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages women, Indigenous persons, persons with a discapability and members of visible minority groups to apply.
Vanier is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Any information obtained during recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.